Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Where there's smoke, there's fire

"May you live in interesting times."
-Chinese curse

I live. And my times are indeed interesting. I could stand for them to be less interesting at this point, but I doubt they will calm down any time soon. I'm honestly not all that worried about it either. I'm getting used to a higher level of drama and weirdness, and am enjoying my new found lower uptight-ness levels. Is that a word, "uptight-ness"? Probably not, so I'll just accept the cry of "neologist!" from the teeming masses that never see this blog, and move on.

In my most recent entry, I mentioned reevaluating my most valued friendships. That is an ongoing process, and is only seeing slight improvements. And, as of this past weekend, I have had to reevaluate my most important relationship - my marriage. Fortunately, it looks to be holding up well under scrutiny. This is a good thing, as I am rather worthless without my wife, much as she fails to realise it. It is certainly no fun though, and, much as before, I won't go into details. Suffice to say that times are very interesting indeed.

Physically, I continue to slack. Whee. I've all but given up on the idea of lifting again. I need to restructure my lifts, my gear, and my motivation.

On other fronts, my life has opened up amazingly, and some truly stunning things have occurred. Things that are brilliant for me, for my self-worth. they've come at the cost of drama and upheaval, but, hey, I feel pretty studly. Yes, that is sarcasm...

The saving grace here is that I have someone else that needs my emotional care. This means I can officially ignore my own issues and concentrate on that person. Yeah, sounds bad, but my issues are usually ameliorated in the process of supporting and reassembling someone that I deeply care about. I just hope that someone realises what they are doing for me, as I continue to do for them. I doubt it though. Said person is probably convinced that I am just bottling it up and being too nice to them in the process. *shrug* She'll learn, I hope.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home