Tuesday, October 06, 2009

Follow-up

Watching Journey get more and more frantic lead us to hit the SPCA and see if we might find a little guy to adopt. Did we ever. maya and jenn both fell slam in love with different cats, both of which were precious. For no reason that I can really explain, I couldn't tell either to leave their little object of affection behind.

Tiggrr is a 5 month old silver tabby, and his two siblings were both adopted out yesterday. You could tell that the little guy was lonely just by looking at his body language. He's a precious little thing, old enough to be out of the bumbling clumsy kitten stage, but still a bundle of energy and curiosity. This one is maya's fault, though I found him.

Dudley was the odd one. He is a 1 year old orange long hair, looking somewhat like a maine coon. I dunno what it was about him, but he grabbed my attention solidly with his affection, sweet personality, and very communicative attitude. When I showed him to jenn, she was just flat struck. Not only does Dudley look like her cat from her childhood, he reached out a paw all the way to shoulder, rolling over trying to get just a little farther out to reach her. As she said, "Heart. Melt." So, yeah, jenn's fault.

So we brought em both home. I guess it like the saying that you shouldn't go to the grocery store when you're hungry. I obviously shouldn't have gone to the SPCA when I was emotional ragged, otherwise we might not have two more cats.

Eh, I can't really say that I mind. Cats aren't expensive to keep, and, honestly, the house is happy again.

Journey, however, is not. She is absolutely affronted at the appearance of two new cats, and has focused most of her ire on maya. My only guess is that maya was the person what she saw carrying in the littlest new cat, and maya is supposed to be HER person. All I know is that she hisses at poor maya almost as much as she hisses at poor innocent Tiggrr.

Cats. Pfft.

Neither one of them will ever replace Kato, much as Kato did not replace poor Sequel. They help though. There are cats int he living room again, and once Journey calms down, maybe she'll have friends again. At the end of the day, jenn, maya, and the kids are smiling again. I am too, just a little.

I still miss my baby boy though.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home